This chart was posted on Explore With Erin – How I lost 30 Pounds in 30 Days. Erin gave credit to Personal Trainer Food dot com.
Download the meal plan Guidelines.pdf file from Personal Trainer food.
White Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Cups milk
Make a white sauce of the first 3 ingredients. Melt the butter in a small pot on stovetop low heat. Add milk and flour and raise heat to medium high. Stir until white sauce begins to thicken.
- 6 Medium potatoes, pared and thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 2 Tablespoons of diced onions
- 1 Teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
Use some butter to grease a 2-quart Corning-ware casserole dish/pot having a glass cover. Place half of the sliced potatoes in the casserole dish/pot. Add half of the white sauce to the potatoes in the casserole dish/pot, and sprinkle about half of the salt, pepper and diced onions over the potatoes. Create a second layer with the other half of the potatoes in the casserole dish/pot, sprinkle the remaining salt, pepper and diced onions.
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Cover the casserole pot/dish with the glass lid and place the casserole pot/dish on the 2nd to lowest oven rack. Bake covered for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 2 & 1/2 Lbs beef shoulder roast (pot roast), quartered and browned in a frying pan.
Place beef in crock pot and add the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of beef broth (if available – optional)
- Lime juice of 1 squeezed lime
- 1/8 cup of orange juice
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 medium / large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 poblano (habanero) pepper, diced (include half the seeds)
- 1/3 cup of canned fire roasted tomatoes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground red pepper (cayenne)
Cook covered in the crock pot on low heat for 6 to 8 hours, or for 3 or 4 hours on high.
Use two forks to pull and separate and shred the beef, and then stir the beef into broth. Let the beef simmer in the broth a little longer in the crock pot. Serve the beef with rice and beans, or make a burrito or enchilada wrapped in a flour or corn tortilla with cheeses, salsa and sour cream.
Serves 4 people (or only me).
It is really hot (chemically). You might consider leaving out the 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper and the 1 habanero pepper.