For cooking, select a medium-to-large stove-top soup pot with a lid.
- 2 medium Spanish onions (diced)
- 1 hot Hungarian banana pepper (diced) or more for hotter taste
- 1 & 1/2 tbls. non-hydrogenated coconut oil
Partly saute the diced onions and pepper on medium heat in coconut oil
- 3 & 3/4 lbs ground round beef (85% lean 15% fat)
Add and brown the beef on medium high (stir and don’t burn)
Lower stove top temperature to medium and add:
- 4 tbls McCormack’s chili powder
- 3 tbls apple cider vinegar
- 4 cans (15.5 ounce) dark red kidney beans (strained and rinsed)
- 1 can tomato paste (8 ounce)
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups of water (may need to add a little more while cooking)
Simmer on medium-low (lightly bubbling) covered for 45 minutes (stir gently but often to prevent sticking)
Adjust the spices to taste about 1/2 hour into the simmering (20 minutes before finished). Consider whether you need to add any salt, chili powder, vinegar, hot pepper and/or tomato paste to your liking.
Serve Hot and Enjoy!!!