Follow this link for the Latest stable release (10.1.0) of Zpanel
Prior to installing ZPanel on a Microsoft Windows based machine you must first ensure you have installed all recent versions of the Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime, ZpanelCP.com has provided all the required runtime installers for both 32 bit machines and 64 bit machines (use the links to download from our site!)
Installers for Microsoft Windows
- Application Stack (Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.) Installer for Microsoft® Windows™
- ZPanel Installer (installs ZPanel on top of the Application stack)
- You MUST have a CLEAN, FRESH install of Windows (any version XP and above)
- You MUST have a domain name registered and pointing to your server computer IP
- ZPanel should be installed and setup on a SUB-DOMAIN of your main domain: During installation you will be asked to enter an FQDN. This is the sub-domain zpanel is to be installed on. Examples: zpanel.domain.com, cp.domain.com, panel.domain.com, etc.
- You MUST have opened and forwared the requireds ports in your modem or router, and on the server firewall. See the list of required ports here.
Windows server 2012 specifics
- do a fresh install of windows.
- if not set automatically (often in datacenter), set your static IP
- do all windows updates (may need to be launched a few times!)
- install .NET Framework 3.5 and redo updates
- go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555, download and install
- reboot windows and then install zpanel, as below:
Installing ZPanel 10.1.0 on Windows
It requires 3 steps :
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime libraries:
- Install the Application Stack (Apache, PHP, MySQL etc.) Installer for Microsoft® Windows™ -> Download link
- Run the ZPanel Installer (installs ZPanel on top of the Application Stack) -> Download link
Each step requires that the previous steps have been completed with success first.
ZPanel does not setup any firewall to leave you the choice to select which you want and because it is far different under Linux and Windows.
You have to open these ports to enable the default configuration of ZPanel to work:
20 & 21 : FTP
25 (TCP) : SMTP
53 (TCP & UDP) : DNS
80 (TCP & UDP) : HTTP
110 : POP3
143 : IMAP
If you have already setup (or will setup soon) SSL, you have to open also: 443 : HTTPS
If you use Windows RDP you should open 3389.